An Oracle License Audit can be fearful. Instead of allowing Oracle to come and conduct one, we believe it is better that customers carry out their own internal audits periodically.
We give you some instances when you should carry our an internal Oracle license audit.
- Do you have plans to roll out a new data center?
- Have you made a large hardware purchase or are refreshing server and storage hardware in any of your data centers?
- Are you implementing or thinking about a new disaster recovery plan?
- Are you moving into the cloud?
- Have you acquired a new company?
- Have you divested a company?
- Have you relocated or changed geographies?
- Have you renamed your organization or changed legal name?
- Are you using virtualization software or considering it?
- Any major reorganization or change in IT/ Procurement Staff?
- Any changes in architecture, migration of legacy apps to new infrastructure.?
- Do you have a ULA ? Conduct regular audits to optimize and maximize investment
- Are you at the stage of a ULA renewal ? Conduct audit immediately to negotiate better.
Rule of thumb or back of the envelope calculations are not equal to a good audit. An audit gives you exact information.
It is is always good to conduct the internal Oracle license audit of your Oracle technology ( database & middleware) deployment at least once a year to check for options, management packs, additional modules, additional products, correct edition, correction version installed across your enterprise.
Do you want to know the steps for ULA Certification ? Read here
Apart from ULAs, Java is another very complex license management bugbear from Oracle. Go here if you want to learn about our Java License Analyzer and Java License Review services.
You might want to read more about our CEO Sheshagiri Anegondi (Sheshu). He is amongst the foremost Oracle License Experts globally.