Sheshagiri Anegondi (Sheshu)
Removal of Software is one of the most important processes to be followed once you complete an internal audit of software deployed across the enterprise.
Why is Software Removal Important ?
- Decreased Compliance Risks – fewer installations means lesser contracts to manage.
- Increased Security – fewer installations means decreased number of holes to plug in protecting data you value.
- Decreased Costs – no maintenance or license fees & no maintenance services costs on removed software.
What are the steps for Software Removal ?(this is not a process map, only a brief summary)
- Conduct an internal audit of software deployed on all your systems across the enterprise.
- Conduct a Criticality Analysis of the deployed software
- Collate list of Software for Removal
- Get approvals for removing the software from the stakeholders.
- Schedule the tasks for removal process
- Execute the tasks and remove software that was approved for removal.
- Conduct a quick inventory of software deployed software.
Rythium is a software license management firm from India. It is fast becoming one of the most trusted organisations for helping customers manage their software licenses better.
Do you want to know the steps for ULA Certification ? Read here
Apart from ULAs, Java is another very complex license management bugbear from Oracle. Go here if you want to learn about our Java License Analyzer and Java License Review services.
You might want to read more about our CEO Sheshagiri Anegondi (Sheshu). He is amongst the foremost Oracle License Experts globally.