Add the following bullet points to your risk register and diarise to check every quarter :
- Do you have plans to roll out a new data centre?
- Have you made a large hardware purchase or are refreshing server and storage hardware in any of your data centres?
- Are you implementing or thinking about a new disaster recovery plan?
- Are you moving into the cloud?
- Have you acquired a new company?
- Have you divested a company?
- Have you relocated or changed geographies?
- Have you renamed your organisation or changed legal name?
- Are you using virtualization software or considering it?
- Any major reorganisation or change in IT/ Procurement Staff?
- Any changes in architecture, migration of legacy apps to new infrastructure.?
- Do you have a ULA ? Conduct regular audits to optimize and maximize investment
- Are you at the stage of a ULA renewal ? Conduct audit immediately to negotiate better.
Remember : Rule of thumb or back of the envelope calculations are not equal to a good audit. An audit gives you exact information.
Lastly : It is is always good to audit your Oracle technology ( database & middleware) deployment at least once a year to check for options, management packs, additional modules, addiotional products, correct edition, correction version installed across your enterprise.