Details of SAP’s pre-2018 licensing are discussed elsewhere on the site. This post provides the basics of the changes made by SAP in 2018.
SAP has two license types:
- Direct/Human access which will be charged for by number of human users.
- Indirect/Digital Access: Access via third party, Internet of Things (IoT), bots and/or other digital access that can be licensed based on transactions/documents processed by the system itself.
- SAP’s new model pertains to the digital core – SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud – as well as the SAP ERP application.
- Existing customers can choose to remain on the current model or move to the new document-based pricing model – whichever best fits their SAP solutions and digital transformation initiatives.
- Conversion offerings are available to help customers who choose to move from current pricing to the new model.